On Tuesday night, I received a call from my dad.
It was bad news regarding my Grandpa.
My Grandpa was diagnosed with Lung Cancer 2 years ago. He was treated with chemotherapy and radiation. Luckily, it worked.
Until now......
He was acting funny this past weekend. He was jumbling his words, not making sense.. etc.. My Grandma took him in to see the doctor and they ran some tests.
It was not good news.
Not only did his cancer came back but he also has tumor's in his brain. His whole left side of his brain is one giant tumor. His right side has small tumors. He has 6 months or less to live. My family was at first going home for Christmas, but now plans have changed. We honestly don't know how he will be in 6 weeks so we are going to Illinois for Thanksgiving.
Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.
This breaks my heart because I know this will be the last time I will see him alive. It hurts to know that he will not be there at my wedding, to see his great- grand children... or just to be there. He has been there my ENTIRE life and I just don't know how I am going to be able to say goodbye.
February 2015
10 years ago

1 comment:
Melanie, so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. My Dad died of Lung Cancer too after it moved to his pancreas. He was diagnosed in June and died in April of 03'. It's such a hard to thing to watch them suffer through. My Dad was only 56 and told me many times that he didn't want to die. But I know that when they finally pass on that they are truly at peace and we can go on knowing that when we see them again they will be healed from cancer. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do.
Love, Gail
Post a Comment