Thursday, November 6, 2008

Proposition 8

So its official Prop. 8 was passed. Marriage in California will stay as a bond between a men and a woman.

I was deeply sad about this news. I think they should have a right to do what they choose.

I feel it's a freedom of speech and actions. You are not killing anyone.

I am not from California... but I do KNOW several lesbians and gays that live there. Also, my best guy friend is gay. (Who will also be attending our wedding- with his boyfriend) This is soo frustrating. When I heard it passed I was so upset... I can't imagine what it feels like if I was told I couldn't marry my fiance'. You know... If I have children and one or more happen to be gay.... I want them to have the right to marry the person they love. No matter what gender. It just pisses me off really. To discriminate against somebody because of their sexual preference is extremely ignorant. If you are someone who is against Gay marriage.... regardless of how you feel, at the end of they day is it really hurting you if two men or two women marry??

Like I said before STOP using your religion to pass laws that will benefit your beliefs and values.

I know I am the most LIBERAL Catholic on earth.

No comments: