Monday, January 5, 2009

Tribute to Grandpa.

My Grandfather was a kind, caring, decent human being. He was a man of little words. So, when he spoke, you listen. He had a really strong work ethic. When Melissa and I stayed with them in the summer, I remember he used to wake us up really early in the morning to go to breakfast. I mean 5:00 AM early..:) He was the one who gave us our first cup of coffee. So, here's to you Grandpa for my coffee addiction!

He served in World War II in Guam. When he returned to the United States he married my Grandmother and within a few years had 2 children. He was an owner/operator truck driver for 40 years retiring in 1989.

WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!


This is a picture of my grandparents. I think it's either their wedding or engagement picture.


My Granfather and I on his 80th birthday party in July 2007.





















Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you weren't you anymore? If you were suddenly gone, how would your world react? Whatever you imagined is wrong. There's nothing romantic about death. Grief is like the ocean... it's deep and dark and bigger than all of us. And pain is like a thief in the night. Quiet, persistent, unfair... Diminished by time and fate and love. I see how my grandfather's absence has affected the people that did know him, so I know that he mattered to them, and I know he was loved.

No comments: