For the most part, this blog has been a way for me to share and document the events of our lives. And why I felt that only meant the good and "chocolate covered" events- I am not sure. It's not always a life of daisies and rainbows. There is rain and there are thorns.
I (and in return WE) have been going through some tough times lately. A very close friend told me the other day.."Melanie, how can you be sure the boat will stand tough waters if you have only been in a pond". And he's right. I know that Taylor and I are both in this for the long haul. He loves me and I love him. We have found each other, and desire no one but the other. What an incredible feeling. But I am still so very hard on myself...and struggle daily wondering "why he loves me" and I know it's the same for him.
In the land of wedding planning--this darn wedding is coming WAY faster than I would prefer right now!!! Why is it when you are 119 days away from the wedding (yes..I have a countdown going on in the kitchen) it seems like I can't update the "new day" quick enough. And now...we are approximately 119 days/4 months/16 weeks from this wedding and I am screaming "SLOW DOWN!!!!!". Oh well, what are you going to do?!?!? We have some last minute ends to tie up..and I know the day is going to be beautiful and perfect.
So I had a HORRIBLE dream last night....a wedding dream. The DJ didn't show up....we couldn't get a hold of my flower guy (his office phone just kept ringing and ringing) and Taylor's mom-Robyn whi is doing our cake said she ran out of flour. My bridesmaids dresses were the wrong color...and their makeup looked gothic.... So then, I wanted to get away...and I stepped outside and it was pouring ran. And I looked up and who is seeing me in my dress before the wedding??? TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH !@#*!@#^!@*!!!!!!
Let me tell you.....I have NEVER been more glad to wake up from a dream/nightmare than I was in the middle of the night last night! I sat straight up and Taylor said "Are you ok" and I said..."mmmmm, yeah" and laid back down with my heart pounding!!!
Ok...so I'm wedding planning and life dealing. It's going to get better...but this is also life--and I'm going to live it.
February 2015
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment