Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

My Grandpa Steagall passed away a few weeks ago on August 24, 2009 after battling with pancreatic cancer and other multiple complications. He is survived by his 5 children and many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Unlike my other cousins, I never really "knew" him. I don't have many stories to share.. I only have bits and pieces of flashes and very little pictures to remember him by. My family moved out of Illinois when I was 6 and only came back once or twice a year and had limited time per visit.

I vaguely remember his house that was in alot of our "family video" that my Aunt just recently compiled on a DVD..so I can't WAIT to get that in the mail.. (maybe I can compress it into small files and post them on facebook..)

What I do remember of him will be my cherished memories and knowing that he was loved and will be greatly missed. It makes me smile knowing that he's with my Grandma and my baby Uncle James now.

This is his obituary (Click to view)

My grandparents (The only picture I have of them)

Our last time seeing Grandpa (November 2008)


Gravesite Pictures




Grandma's Gravestone (A few feet away)








Aunt Debby and the Nieces




Uncle Steve & Sophia




Melissa, Aunt Carole and Joanne




Katherine, Sophia & Brayden




Aunt Debby & Melissa



Steve, Joanne & Sarah



Flying back to Denver


No comments: