Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blue Light Special

On my way to work this afternoon from lunch I got pulled over for running a red light. Well, I say it was yellow, but apparently the police officer had a differing opinion.






Fuzz: The reason I stopped you was because you ran that red light back there.
Me: Okay.
Fuzz: What was going on?
Me: I'm late for work.
Fuzz: Well, now you're really late. (As he chuckled loudly to himself)

Soooo...you're a comedian AND a police officer??

He looked at me realizing that I didn't see the humor in his joke and then asked me for my insurance, license and registration. I gave it to him. He headed to his car as I sat on the side of Colorado Blvd getting stared at like my car was on fire.




He came back a few minutes later with my ticket in hand.
Fuzz: Next time just be a little more patient, ok?
Me: Okay.
Fuzz: Have a good day.
No, REALLY...you have a good day, mmm-kay??? Because now I'm very late to work and I have to pay a $130 ticket (no I'm not kidding) and then waste eight hours of my life taking a defensive driving course to keep the ticket off my record. YOU, on the other hand, are going to re-park your cruiser on the median, drink your coffee and maybe even have a donut while you wait for the next unsuspecting person to "proceed with caution" through a yellow light.
I'm hacked...incase you can't tell.



No comments: