Today marks the 1st day of me giving up something that I love. There are a few things that I usually do every year. Today and Good Friday I will eat only 1 full meal (or 2 small meals.) On fridays I do not eat meat or fish.
I will be "giving up" candy, (ALL) soda and fast food. I also made a commitment of working out in any form (even if it's walking around the block) every day except Sunday. (My day of rest) Today was my first day back in along time..
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the 40-day liturgical season of fasting and repentance that commemorates the time Christians believe Jesus Christ spent in the desert, where he was tempted by Satan. Christians mark the season with prayer and fasting, to prepare for the Holy Week commemorations of Christ's triumphal entry into Jerusalem before his crucifixion and resurrection.
More Information about Ash Wednesday and Lent click on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Wednesday
February 2015
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment