As you may have read before my Grandpa is suffering from tumors in his brain. Because of this news we decided to have Thanksgiving with him since we all know that it will be his last. It was heartbreaking to see him. He wasn't really able to speak and when he did it was out of the blue and didn't make any since. The only thing that really made since was when he swore. It was clear as day! But that's my grandpa for you.
He wasn't able to say our names but I do think he knew who we were. I am sure of it! On our last night, my dad was able to have a somewhat decent conversation with him. It just broke my heart.
He is going through 14 visits for radiation to see if they will be able to shrink the tumor so he can talk. We don't know if it will work so it's just a waiting game now. We do know it will not cure him. We're looking for Quality not Quantity of his life.
My Grandpa & Me.

My brothers John & Jeremy.

My Great Aunt Gertrude. (My Grandma's Sister)

My Grandmother (who HATES her picture taken) My Aunt Barb and sister Melissa

I really had to FORCE her to smile. She is SO stubborn. (Maybe that's where I get it from.)

Grandpa, Melissa and I

My Dad, John, Grandpa & Jeremy

Grandpa and Dad

Grandpa
No comments:
Post a Comment