Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When your world turns upside down

Yesterday, Peyton was outside playing in the melting snow with a neighbors dog and she cut herself with some ice. Taylor called me right after my lunch and informed me on what went down.. so I rushed home in a panic and took Peyton to our vet clinic. She was able to get in and examined quickly... we were hoping that the cut wasn't deep but of course with my luck..it didn't go that way.



Luckily, it wasn't her paw that was cut, it was the carpal pad (right under it.) So, it will heal much faster than if it was her paw...



The procedure from start to finish took about 2 hours. They had to sedate her. When she was ready to go, she had a hard time walking and was very loopy. It broke my heart to see Peyton this way.



Peyton has antibiotics and pain medication for the next 2 weeks.



We had a hard time giving Peyton her medicine. Usually, I can give her a hotdog or a piece of cheese and she'll do fine. She wouldn't do either. Taylor had to force the pill down her throat. I was a wreck seeing her this way. She also wouldn't eat or drink for a couple of hours and finally around 9 PM she did so. I was so thrilled, I called Robyn (Taylor's mom) to let her know. She was very worried. Peyton is her only Granddog.



























No comments: